Sales Representative – Sales Dept
Sales Representative – Sales Dept
Remuneration: Negotiable DoE
Location: Cape Town
Job level: Mid
Type: Permanent/ Three Months fixed term contract
Company: Kruger Shalati
The purpose of this role is to provide admin assistance and support to the Sales Team, maintain trade relations through information sharing, product training and updates, follow up with trade partners on provisional bookings and assist the team to maintain and grow the sales pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities
Kruger Shalati Pty Ltd is seeking a dynamic Sales Representative to support the Sales Department. The candidate will be involved with the respective hospitality products within the portfolio, namely:
- Kruger Shalati: The Train on the Bridge (Kruger National Park)
- F&B/edutainment hub – Kruger Station (Kruger National Park)
- Sanctuary Mandela (Houghton, Johannesburg)
The Sales Representative will be responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct and indirect sales via all acceptable business mediums [direct mail, appointment calls, telephone calls, agent hosting, Fam Trips and Site Visits at for the respective hotels in the Motsamayi portfolio].
The successfully appointed individual will also assist the sales team to develop strategic action plans to drive measurable & incremental sales revenue.
- Contact customers via calls or arranged meetings to discover their needs and requirements and service accordingly.
- Collaborate with Head of Sales to prepare and present sales proposal to potential clients, highlighting the best features and qualities of the hotels
- Provide customers with a list of available services and their accompanying prices and offer STO rates/ adhoc discounts if necessary
- Assist clients in selecting the most appropriate service that best meet their specifications and needs
- Oversee the booking and reservation of space in a hotel to ensure availability and proper arrangement with the respective reservations departments.
- Collaborate with operations staff at the respective hotels to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Process and facilitate requests for customized services from Trade Partners for their respective clientele as part of the sales opportunity
- Collaborate with reservations department in the successful transfer of critical information from Trade Partners to ensure a positive guest experience
- Resolve and quell inaccurate product information with Trade Partners
- Maintain contact with clients to obtain feedback and to discuss opportunities for future business deals
- Jointly discuss, set annual budgets, and implement strategies effective for achieving sales targets.
- Conduct assessment of sales performance to make necessary adjustments to increase revenues.
- Perform/ undertake individual admin assignments/ functions within the sales department as part of self-discipline principles.
- Minimum 3years experience in a similar role within the hospitality industry is necessary.
- A friendly and positive attitude, proactive approach, and willingness to go the extra mile are qualities we seek in the successful candidate.
- Experiencing in cultivating and managing existing and new relationships with travel trade partners is crucial [DMCs, tour operators, travel agents and their respective frontline employees – consultants, ITC’s, procurement department] are non-negotiable requirements.
- Set up and engage in product training (virtual and physical, where necessary) with trade partners, in accordance with business standards (support from admin coordinator)
- Work in partnership with admin coordinator to maintain details of Key Accounts and provide exceptional service (STO rates, Updates, detailing notes of negotiations for reference purposes/ record keeping and tracking)
- Jointly manage and facilitate Trade Educationals and Site Inspections, according to business protocol with admin coordinator
- Maintain product knowledge and update trade partners with changes in policy or introduction of new product/ experiences within the portfolio
- The Sales Executive will be required to undertake business related travel to meet with local agents, attend or participate in trade events and conduct product knowledge training.
*** Located in Cape Town to cover local Trade Partners and facilitate monthly physical meetings
Qualification | Experience
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Minimum 3years in similar role
- MS Office Suite proficient
- Honesty and Integrity
- Innovative thinker
- Efficient and solution driven
- Out-going personality (a people’s person)
- Detail orientated
- Creative and driven individual
- Display leadership qualities
- Proactive organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal | written communication skills
- Problem Solving & deadline driven
- Meticulous & flexible
- In-depth knowledge of Inbound Travel
- Knowledge of Sales Channel management & rate parity
- Professional grooming and etiquette
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are a land Claimant file no. and Group name.
Closing date for application is 25 October 2022.
**Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 21 working days – please consider your application unsuccessful. Kruger Shalati reserves the right not to fill the position, to postpone or re-advertise the role. Preference will be given to Kruger Land claim beneficiaries.