We’re Hiring: Sales Assistant
Remuneration: Negotiable DoE
Location: Skukuza, Kruger National Park
Job level: mid/Sen
Type: Permanent/ three Months Contract
Company: Kruger Shalati
The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to the Sales Manager/ Team to maximize strategic trade partnerships to grow market share and increase revenue opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Motsamayi Tourism Group is seeking a Sales Assistant. The candidate will be involved with the respective hospitality products within the portfolio, namely:
- Kruger Shalati: The Train on the Bridge)
- F&B/edutainment hub – Kruger Station
- (Situated in the iconic Kruger National Park)
- Sanctuary Mandela (Houghton, Johannesburg)
- The sales and marketing coordinator will be required to perform/ undertake various admin related and engagement tasks, to support the Sales Manager in effectively campaigning for new business and securing revenue generating opportunities for the above business units.
- The ideal candidate will be a person who pays attention to detail while seeing the bigger picture, leads and supports the marketing and sales teams.
- Experience in a similar role within the hospitality/ travel industry is preferred.
- A friendly and positive attitude, proactive approach, and willingness to go the extra mile are qualities we seek in the successful candidate.
- Experiencing in cultivating and managing existing and new relationships with travel trade partners is crucial [DMCs, tour operators, travel agents and their respective frontline employees – consultants, ITC’s, procurement department] are non-negotiable requirements.
- Qualifying, onboarding trade partners, and maintaining open communications throughout business process to keen trade partners engaged and updated
- Efficient follow-up and service delivery to trade partners
- Set up and engage in product training (virtual and physical, where necessary) with trade partners, in accordance to business standards (support function to Sales Manager)
- Maintain details of Key Accounts and provide exceptional service (STO rates, Updates, detailing notes of negotiations for reference purposes/ record keeping and tracking)
- Manage and facilitate Trade Educationals and Site Inspections, according to business protocol (support function)
- Maintain product knowledge and update trade partners with changes in policy or product
- Periodically, the candidate may be required to undertake business related travel to meet with local agents, attend or participate in trade events and conduct product knowledge training. The Sales Manager will provide guidance and support in these instances.
- Personality Traits
- Honesty and Integrity
- Innovative thinker
- Efficient and solution driven
- Out-going personality (a people’s person)
- Detail orientated
- Required Skills
- Leadership quality
- Proactive organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal | written communication skills
- Problem Solving & deadline driven
- Qualification | Experience
- Post Matric qualification in
- Travel and hospitality sales
- Intermediate level computer skills
- Excel knowledge
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- MS Power Point Proficiency
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if you are a Skukuza land claimant with the group name and group number.
Closing date : 29 September 2022